Last modified: September 1, 2010
Information We Collect
coleccioncisneros May Receive and Collect Your Personally Identifiable Information. Personally identifiable information generally includes information that could be used to determine your identity, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and birth date. The term “personally identifiable information” does not include anonymous information such as IP address information. You can access and use most portions of coleccioncisneros.com without providing any personally identifiable information. You may choose to provide us with personally identifiable information within certain features of coleccioncisneros.com, however, such as within our “contact us” form. If you are located outside of the United States, any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. The following are some examples of how we may receive and collect your personally identifiable information:
• We may collect personally identifiable information from you if you choose to fill out any forms, profiles, or surveys on coleccioncisneros.com.
• If you send us correspondence, such as emails or letters, we may choose to collect information about you within such correspondence.
• We may receive your personally identifiable information from one of our business partners or other third-party sources.
coleccioncisneros May Receive and Collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you through a variety of technical methods, including the following:
• Collection of IP Address. When you visit coleccioncisneros.com, we collect your IP address. We may use IP addresses to collect information such as the frequency with which individuals visit various parts of coleccioncisneros.com.
• Collection with Cookies. “Cookies” are pieces of information that a Web site sends to your computer while you are viewing a Web site. We may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer.
• Collection with Web beacons. “Web beacons” are electronic images, tags or scripts that allow a Web site to access cookies and help track general usage patterns of visitors to a Web site. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookies, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed.
The information collected through these technical methods standing alone, cannot be used to determine your identity. Such information may, however, be combined in a way that makes it become personally identifiable information. If this happens, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
How We Use Personally Identifiable Information
We use your personally identifiable information in the following ways:
• to fulfill your requests for certain products, services or information;
• to contact you and deliver information to you such as administrative notices, offerings, and other communications relevant to your use of coleccioncisneros.com;
• to analyze site usage, conduct market research, improve marketing and promotional efforts, and improve and customize our content, layout, products and services;
• to provide customer support and troubleshoot and resolve problems and disputes;
How We Disclose or Share Your Personally Identifiable Information
There are various circumstances in which coleccioncisneros.org may disclose or share your personally identifiable information with third parties.
Disclosure in the Normal Scope of Business: The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business:
• We may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes.
• We may use third parties that we refer to as internal service providers to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of our business, product and service operations and therefore we may provide some of your personal information directly to these internal service providers. We implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of your personally identifiable information by internal service providers.
• There may be a number of separate services offered by third parties on coleccioncisneros.com that we refer to as external service providers and that may be complementary to your use of coleccioncisneros.com. We will only provide your personally identifiable information to an external service provider with your consent.
Disclosure in the Event of a Transfer: Personally identifiable information and other personal information collected from or about you may also be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization, other transfer or bankruptcy (a “Transfer”) involving us. We specifically reserve the right, at any time, to transfer personally identifiable information collected from or residing within coleccioncisneros.com, and any of its databases, as well as any part or all of our business and/or assets, to affiliates or third parties in connection with a Transfer.
How You Can Opt-Out of Our Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information
and Receiving Email from Us
You may at any time request to opt-out of our use of your personally identifiable information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. After we process your opt-out request, we will stop using your personally identifiable information. You may also opt out of receiving communications via email from us by following the unsubscribe instructions that accompany such communications.
Security Measures We Have in Place to Protect Your Information
coleccioncisneros is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help ensure the security and integrity of information. We educate our employees about safeguarding customer information and preventing its unauthorized access, disclosure, or use. Please note, however, that no security measures are impenetrable and it is possible that your information may be unlawfully intercepted, accessed or “hacked,” despite our reasonable efforts to prevent it.
Via e-mail: info(at)coleccioncisneros(dot)org
Via U.S. or International Mail:
Fundación Cisneros/Colección Patricia Phelps de Cisneros
c/o Hazelwood House
2 East 78th Street
New York, NY 10075
Attn.: Communications Department